CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Assumptions

So I am sitting here, thinking about how much I do hate stupid people. Ah yes, just a point blank sentence don't you think? I am not talking about those who have learning impediments or are just not educated yet. I am talking about the people who know what is going on...then choose to make the DUMB move instead.

What triggered this thought? Well of course there are a number of things. I am a woman. At any given second I have at least 500 completely varying and opposing thoughts running through my head. Dominantly it was just from some movies I happened to watch last night. The first was Valkyrie. The second..My Bloody Valentine. Wow I KNOW...completely different movies in almost every sense possible. But there is one thing they both had in stark common: stupid people.

Valkyrie is a movie about the uprising against Hitler and the attempted assasination, which of course failed. Note, I love stories from this time. I am a very big reader on holocaust survival and the war. But for one: this was a Tom Cruise movie. There is something about that actor that I just DO NOT like. So sue me. But also...it shows the true human nature of people. Here they are, men and women who have realized that Hitler's mission is wrong and needs to be stopped. So they devise this plan to enforce martial law and finalyl do away from the Fuhrur. Of course it doesnt go to plan.

But what makes the stupid people come forward? Could it be one of the lead men chickening out and waiting THREE HOURS to enact the next part of the plan? If he hadnt waited...the results could have been so much different! From that point everybody starts to back out. Tuck their tails between their legs and run! It comes to a point in life when you do need to think about what you do truly believe in and want...then STAND for it. Instead...they laid back and gave up. I dont know. I just dont know. I know it was a scary time. But really...you doomed yourself anyway when you started the plan into action. Why not at least show what your made of and finish? Mega sigh

Now for My Bloody Valentine. Oh my LAME. Yes, it was cool how it started different than the usual "teenagers at party and man comes to butcher them" start of most scary thrillers. You knew the basis of the story from the start. But no worries loyal movie goers...about 10 minutes into and you find yourself right there at the prerequisite party as they all get hacked into with a pickaxe. The movie didnt lack gore at all. Super cheesey fake looking gore...but blood and guts all the same. You would think after YEARS of experience now in the thriller field, Hollywood could at least make it somewhat...less..."here comes the killer! let me run down the halls screaming then trip and fall!" I swear...the people in that movie had NO blanace at all. Yes, it kept you wondering exactly who the murderer was. Yet at the same time you sit there wondering "Really...small towns imbreed wayy too much!" I dont get these movies. In all reality...as soon as a madman starts butchering people on Valentines Day and giving their hearts in candy boxes...I wouldnt sit around and go ho hum. I WOULD MOVE.

So the question is...why do people do this? Here they are, facing life. There are two paths in front of them. One is rough, but you can still see the pavement underneath. And the other? Oh, a broken rope bridge over a gaping chasm full of frenzied sharks. And which one do they choose you ask? "Oh look...a rope bridge! FUN!" I dont get it. I know life isnt easy. And we all make stupid stupid mistakes. But if you see a man running at you with a pickaxe in hand, dont throw your arms up and run in circles, then trip and go "please mr killer no!" I say...find a place to hide, then call the cops, creep away, pack your stuff and get to a different town PRONTO. Or when you make a decision you know is right in all regards, a decision you believe in and cannot back away from...dont, at the last second, go "me so scared" and stop mid-sentence. Finish through. Know what you are doing. And if you think there is a chance you wont like it, dont START IT.

Its called thinking my friends. I know, its scary and foreign and not taught well in todays public institution. But I have faith in you. Go ahead, give it a try. Lets try to do away with these stupid people assumptions yes?

Thats my rant for today. Signing out

0 comments: